Established in 1978, Tylers Fabrics specialise in luxurious bridal silks, French laces and Italian laces. The largest range of silks, laces and trims in Melbourne all under one roof.
- Melbourne’s premier supplier of bridal laces and silks
- A wonderful selection
- Laces from all over the world
- All budgets accommodated
- Experienced staff
- No appointment necessary
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Hanging samples available to handle, touch & feel
- Vast industry networks and knowledge
- Email enquiries welcome
- Designer/dressmakers – a list of contacts available upon request to gather obligation free quotes (no obligation to buy fabrics from Tylers Fabrics)
Tylers Fabrics is dedicated to providing every bride and her bridal party with the most elegant, beautiful and affordable fabrics available
As with all beautiful things, beaded fabrics are delicate and need to be handled with care. When it comes to cleaning a garment made using these delicate fabrics, there are some specific instructions that you will need to follow to get the best results.
- use a reputable dry cleaner who specialises in caring for evening gowns and wedding dresses.
- provide the dry cleaner with off-cuts of your beaded fabrics, if possible, to test before cleaning your gown.
- make sure that the dry cleaner uses the “F CLEAN” method or the “GREEN EARTH DRYCLEANING” method of cleaning only. Be sure to discuss this with the dry cleaner before the garment is sent off for cleaning. If the dry cleaner cannot offer this service, find one that will do so.
- Ask the dry cleaner to get in touch with you prior to cleaning your gown if they have any issues arising from testing the off cuts you provide to test.
By following these simple steps that Tylers Fabrics recommend, you will get the best results possible.
Cleaning your silk:
Tylers Fabrics recommend Dry-cleaning all silk fabrics in their original fabric form. Once made into a garment, please provide the dry-cleaner you are using with a piece of all of your fabrics to test before your gown is cleaned.
Alcohol/beverages/food spills will stain your silk garment. They must be cleaned immediately to avoid the stain setting.
General care instructions:
- Never expose silk to direct sunlight for longer periods of time
- Don’t spray silk with water while ironing
- Don’t treat individual stains with water
- Always iron the reverse side or using a pressing cloth on a cool iron setting (“Silk” setting on the iron)
- Never bleach silk
- Never wring dry
- Substances containing alcohol will damage silk fabric. So let your perfume and hairspray dry before dressing